Karma Automotive's New Electric Models: Kaveya Coupe and Gyesera Sedan Unveiled
Karma's Electric Revolution: The Kaveya Coupe and Gyesera Sedan Leading the Charge
Revolutionizing Luxury EVs: Karma's Latest Electric Offerings
California-based Karma Automotive is making waves in the electric vehicle (EV) world with its upcoming releases, the Kaveya coupe, and the Gyesera sedan. Both cars signify Karma's grand rebranding and move into the realm of ultra-luxury EVs. Let's delve into the details of these remarkable electric vehicles.
Karma Kaveya: The Ultimate EV Super Coupe GT
The Karma Kaveya, described as an "EV super coupe GT," is set to become the brand's flagship model, hitting the market in Q4 2025. This stunning vehicle boasts:
- Striking Design: With butterfly doors, sleek bumpers, and a low, curved glasshouse, the Kaveya exudes sporty elegance.
- Performance-Oriented: Powered by a 536-horsepower rear-wheel-drive variant (coming in Q4 2025) and a 1,180-horsepower all-wheel-drive version (expected a year later), the Kaveya promises thrilling acceleration and a top speed of over 180 mph.
- Impressive Range: Both versions feature more than 250 miles of range, thanks to a 120-kilowatt-hour battery pack that allows for a 45-minute charge from 10 to 80 percent.
Karma Gyesera: The All-Electric Touring Sedan
Arriving in Q4 2024, the Karma Gyesera is the brand's first all-electric touring sedan. Although there are only teaser photos available, it's expected to share design elements with the Kaveya. Key features include:
- Robust Performance: With a rear-wheel-drive electric powertrain delivering 590 hp and 693 pound-feet of torque, the Gyesera can accelerate from 0-60 mph in under 4.2 seconds and reach a top speed exceeding 135 mph.
- Generous Range: Like the Kaveya, the Gyesera sports a 120-kWh battery and offers a range of over 250 miles.
- Tech Savvy: Inside, you'll find an 11.6-inch infotainment screen for a modern driving experience.
Both the Kaveya and Gyesera are the brainchildren of a talented team led by Michelle Christensen, known for her work on the Acura NSX.
Karma Automotive, owned by China's Wanxiang Group, has ambitious plans to debut new EVs and concepts every six months starting in Q3 2024. This exciting journey begins with the reintroduction of the Revero plug-in hybrid sedan, marking a new chapter for Karma.
While Karma's vision for the future is inspiring, its ability to deliver these remarkable EVs remains to be seen. Stay tuned as we enter a new era of luxury electric vehicles with Karma Automotive.